Are You an Accredited Investor?
If you meet the definition “accredited investor” (see below) under National Instrument 45-106 Prospectus and Registration Exemptions you may invest a minimum of $25,000 for units in the Limited Partnership and a minimum of $1,000 for units in the Trust. Please consult the Offering Memorandum(s) to determine your qualification status. Investment Advisors should consult their company’s internal policies.
The Subscriber, or one or more beneficial purchasers for whom the Subscriber is acting, is (i) a resident of, or the purchase and sale of securities to the Subscriber is otherwise subject to the securities legislation of Ontario and the Subscriber is (and will at the time of acceptance of the Subscription be) an accredited investor within the meaning of National Instrument 45-106 Prospectus and Registration Exemptions ("NI 45-106") because the
Subscriber is one of the following:
- An individual who, either alone or with a spouse, beneficially owns financial assets having an aggregate realizable value that before taxes, but net of any related liabilities, exceeds $1 million
- An individual, who either alone or with a spouse, has net assets of at least $5 million
- An individual whose net income before taxes exceeded $200,000 in each of the two most recent calendar years and who expects to exceed that net income level in the current calendar year
- An individual whose net income before taxes, combined with that of a spouse, exceeded $300,000 in each of the two most recent calendar years and who expects to exceed that net income level in the current calendar year
- Registered charities
- A person who currently is, or once was, a registered adviser or dealer, other than a limited market dealer, or an individual who is or was registered as a representative of such a person
- Canadian financial institutions or Schedule III banks
- Governments and certain governmental agencies
- Pension funds regulated by OSFI, a pension commission or similar Canadian regulatory authority
- Certain mutual funds, pooled funds and managed accounts
- Companies with net assets of at least $5 million
Copyright 2014. Copyright 2014 Stephenson & Company Capital Management Inc., All rights reserved